Monday, February 24, 2014

Blog 8

Statement of purpose (what you hope to show/discover)
I hope to discover the techniques teacher use to teach their non-english speaking students. How the teacher overcomes her struggle and how he or she helps their students overcome their struggles as well. 


Detailed statement of your research question
What are the most common struggles that you and your students face in the classroom everyday and how do you overcome those struggles as a team?


List of the information you need to gather
  • how ESL teachers teach
  • common struggles in the classroom
  • the attitudes of the students towards ESL
  • what motivates these students
A preliminary list of sources
Plan for gathering your information that includes:
·         who/what you will be studying (for example:. students in a College Composition class, how they think about the comments teachers write on their papers)
I will be interviewing two elementrary ESL teachers and one ESL student

·         where you will collect your information (for example:. in interviews at Kean University)
I will be collecting this information at the school where the teachers work and I will interview the student in her home.

·         how many subjects you will study (for example:. 3)
I will be studying 3 subjects

what methods you will use to conduct your study (for example:. interviews, textual analysis, discourse analysis)
I will conduct interviews, textual analysis, discourse analysis. I was also hoping to do an observation in a classroom but I don't think that will apply to my study, 

No comments:

Post a Comment