Monday, April 14, 2014

Post 20

*** Professor, I have not completed my final rough draft because I thought you mentioned in class that it was due April 29. However, I am submitting and outline of how I will structure my essay and what I hope to show. 



Focus: The struggle an ESL teacher faces in the classroom and how she modifies her lessons, techniques, and behaviors to overcome the challenges that she is faced with. 


  1. Introduction  
    • introduce the focus and give background information on ESL
  2. Literature Review
    • discuss the article "Play and Literacy Learning in a Diverse Language Pre-kindergarten Classroom."
  3. Methods
    • How data was collected 
  4. Data Analysis
    • What made C want to become an ESL teacher (her motive and understanding of being an ESL student)
    • What conflicts does she face in the classroom; lesson, language barrier, student behaviors.
    • How she modifies herself to enhance her student's learning. (as a teacher, C understands that it is very important that she modifies and tweaks things around to benefit her students.)
  5. Results
    • What my data shows
  6. Limitation of Study
    • Things that did not work out as planned or limited me from collecting more data. 
      • I did not have the chance to observe C in the classroom.
  7. Conclusion


No comments:

Post a Comment