Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blog 14

After conducting my interview, I realized that everything I thought about ESL was actually different. My original focus was on the struggles that the ESL teacher and the ESL students face in the classrooms. Thankfully I was ale to gather information that is relevant to my focus. Given that my study was done on kindergarten students, I wasn't ale to collect data on ESL students separating themselves from the English speaking students. I also expected the teacher to want her students to speak English in their home, and instead she actually encourages the parent to strictly speak their home language. I found that to be quite fascinating. The interview also showed that this teacher was ale to discreetly transition herself.She showed this when she encouraged her students to be independent and learn to fend for themselves as well as being their to mentor them through their problems. This interview concluded that kindergarten ESL students do not face the issues that I expected them to face.

Other Potential focus:

  • Social interaction among ESL students and non-ESL students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment